Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Service

     I've been pondering lately, the true meaning of love. What does it mean to love someone and how do we show it to them? It is really easy at times, to throw around the phrase " I love you " to family and friends, but how can they really know of our love for them. Like I said, after much pondering and searching out the answer, it all comes down to service. We must be willing to serve those that we love. This life is not easy, nor was it meant to be however, we can make it much more bearable if we are willing to help those around us who are in need.

King Benjamin said it best in the second chapter of Mosiah in the Book of Mormon
"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."
- Mosiah 2:17


     Nothing makes our Heavenly Father happier than when we serve and help our fellow man. We are all children of God and he wants all of us to be happy. Since our Father in Heaven cannot be on the Earth with us right now, it is up to us to do the service towards others that he would do if he were here. I testify that when we are helping and serving others, we truly are in the service of our God. I do know that he loves each and every one of us, and I know that the best way to prove my love to others and to my Savior, is by serving and helping others. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment