Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Consider on the Blessed and Happy State

     There are many who do not like or agree with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. There are those who will call us foolish for the standards we keep, and how we abstain from many of the things in the world. They will ask why we deny ourselves those certain pleasures and not just be happy. Well over the course of my mission I have really seen the difference between pleasures of the world and true eternal happiness. As a representative of Jesus Christ, I will testify that those worldy things WILL NOT bring you true happiness. The only thing that brings us the satisfaction we are all looking for, is keeping the commandments of God. When we keep the Word of Wisdom ( abstain from alchohol, tobacco, drugs, tea and coffee ) as well as the Law of Chastity ( no sexual relations outside the bounds of marriage ) there is where we find the true happiness. Going to church and partaking of the Sacrament is where we find the true happiness. And of course, in the sacred unit of family is where we find the true happiness.

I would like to quote one of my favorite scriptures in the entire Book of Mormon, that gives great advice to anyone having a hard time keeping the commandments of God.

"And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."

- Mosiah 2:41

     As a true representative of the Lord, Jesus Christ, I testify that he lives. I testify that the only way back to our Father in Heaven is through him and him alone. I testify that those cammandments that have been given to us are not restrictions, but rather freedoms. They are to keep us safe and free from the bonds of sin. They are how we will return to Him. I know this Gospel is true, and am so grateful for the blessings I have in my life because of it. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment