Saturday, March 12, 2011

Mormons don't EARN Heaven, We LEARN Heaven

     Last night, I had the opportunity to attend a fireside in which Brad Wilcox was speaking. He is a proffesor at BYU and a great motivational speaker. In his talk, he mentioned something that I found very interesting.
     He mentioned how many of his friends of a different faith say that Mormons try and earn their way to Heaven. His reply to that is always the same. "We do not EARN Heaven, but rather, we LEARN Heaven." Which is so true! It is said in the scriptures that no unclean thing can enter into the kingdom of Heaven. Brad Wilcox pointed out that no unclean thing will WANT to enter into the kingdom of Heaven. They will not feel comfortable and realize they do not belong. This is a perfect explanation of why Mormons live the way we do. We are living our lives in a way that will make us feel comfortable in Heaven. Brother Wilcox referred to it as "practicing". This life is a probationary and practice period for the life to come!



     It is so true. If we do not live good clean lives, and do our best to repent for the sins we know that we do commit, we will not even have a desire to reside in Heaven because we will feel uncomfortable and unclean. We are not earning it, but trying to learn how to live so that we can feel comfortbale.
     I testify that we enter into the kingdom of Heaven only by the grace of our Savior, Jesus Christ, after all that we can do. I love my Savior with all my heart, and am so thankful for this Gospel and the Book of Mormon. For the comfort and peace it gives to me in my life, and the comfort and peace it can give to anyones life, as long as they have a soft heart. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment