Friday, March 18, 2011

Rejoice in your God!

     This morning during my personal study, I was reading from the book of Alma in the Book of Mormon, and was going over a chapter that I have read multiple times. In it, there never have been any particular versus to stick out to me, until this morning. Here is what stuck out to me.

" 11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
  12  Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
- Alma 26: 11-12
 

     These two versus hit me really hard today. We need to understand where we stand and where God stands. Everything we have comes from him. All the gifts and talents and parts of our personality come from him. We owe everything we have to him, and need to be so grateful for it. Ammon also does a wonderful job in understanding that without God, we are nothing. If we can remember this, it will be easy for us to stay humble, in always recognizing we are nothing without Him.
     The next thing I noticed and loved in my reading today was how Ammon says he will " REJOICE in my God " This stands out because it shows how thankful and how much love he has for Him. When I think of rejoice, I think of visible happiness. Someone who is not trying to hide their delight, and who wants to share it with others. That is how we need to be about our God and our faith. We need to always be thankful for our blessing, and always willing to share our happiness with others.  I love Jesus Christ and am so thankful for his atoning sacrifice, I am nothing without him. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and how close it has brought me to my Savior!



1 comment:

  1. I love the story of Ammon!! When the missionaries told me abot Ammon, I couldn't wait to go read the Book of Mormon, because I wanted to read more about him! The verses that you talked about never stuck out to me either, until now! Thank you for your insight!

    ReplyDelete