Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Prayer

     Throughout the course of my mission, I have had my testimony of prayer strengthen greatly. It has been commanded of us to pray to our Heavenly Father in the name of His son, Jesus Christ. However, I feel as though we tend to look at the commandments as things that hold us back, things that do not improve our lives but restrict them.
     I hope and pray that we all can have a new outlook on all of this especially prayer. Prayer does not need to be just another aspect to our daily routine. We need to see prayer as a gift from our Heavenly Father. It is a way to relieve our soul and our spirit.
    This quote from President Hinckley really says how we should view prayer:






“Believe in prayer. I remind you that the Church came out of an initial prayer offered by the boy Joseph Smith. … The Lord will hear the prayers of faithful people as certainly as He heard the prayers of the boy Joseph. I believe that with all my heart”

    I too add my testimony to prayer. I know that when we are faithful, and offer up our hearts to our Father in Heaven, he will hear us and answer our prayers. Do not hesitate to pour out your whole soul to him. Just as our parents on Earth wish to hear from us when we are troubled, our Father in Heaven wants the same. Because he literally is the Father of our spirits, and loves us more than we can comprehend. I say these things in the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Elder Hanson. Where did the cute picture come from? Elder Thorley

    ReplyDelete