Thursday, February 17, 2011

Families

     One of the most important aspects to our message as missionaries is the message about families. The true Gospel of Jesus Christ blesses families better than anything else in this life. Through this Gospel and the ordinances within it, we are able to have an eternal family as long as we keep the promises we make.
     I know in my life, my family has been one of the biggest sources of strength for me when I am feeling discouraged or down in the dumps. They have always been there for me, to build me back and show me the love I need to keep moving on. With a family like that, who I love and a family who loves me, wouldn't it make sense for our Heavenly Father ( who loves us more than we can comprehend and just wants us to be happy ) to make it so we can spend eternity with our families? To me, it just seems like common sense. I don't know where I would be without my family, nor would I like to think about where I would be.



     Unfortunately, not everyone feels there family life is where they would like it to be. People are not perfect, and there are situations where family life is not a good memory growing up. If you have been victim of this I am very sorry. However! It is not too late. It is up to you to do what it takes to make sure that when you start your own family, you make it as happy loving as possible. This section from Mormon.org explains the best way to have a great family life.
    
    
"Happiness within our family will most likely be achieved when it’s founded on the teachings of Jesus. That means being unselfish, honest, loyal, loving and a whole host of other virtues, not to mention a lot of effort. A loving and happy family doesn’t happen by accident."
-Mormon.org

I am so grateful for how the Gospel of Jesus Christ has blessed me and my family, and I know it can bless yours in the same way. You just have to let it. I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment