Saturday, June 25, 2011

Answering a couple questions!

     Recently I was asked about my newest post, feeling the witness rather than seeing it. For some reason my account will not let me post comments so I have had trouble answering their question, so I decided I would answer it through another post.

     The question that was asked, was if there is scripture that she could compare to biblical scripture, as well any bblical scripture of prophets who felt the Holy Ghost so strongly. I am so grateful for the person, forasking such great questions!

     First, on of the most famous scriptures in the Book of Mormon, is all about the Holy Ghost testifying of truth and answering our questions. Moroni 10: 3-5

"Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."

The prophet Moroni is telling us to ask God and let him answer our questions, through the power of the Holy Ghost! I love this scripture!

As far as scriptures in the Bible, i did find a few!

John 14:26    
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

John 15:26
"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me"


And finally: 1 Corinthians 2: 9-16

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ."


I hope these scriptures answered this persons questions, I feel bad that I could not comment back, so hopefully they will read this! And everyone else who reads this enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment