Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Follow the Leader!

     Have you ever noticed that all great sports teams have something in common? Take the past dynasty's in recent years. The Indianapolis Colts, or the Chicago Bulls back in the 90's. Why were they so successful? Its been my experience in sports and just in life really, is that people have the most success in what they do, when they have a great leader to rally behind to accomplish their goal.

A great leader is someone who makes everyone else better. He understands that you are only as good as your weakest player or weakest aspect of your team. They constantly set the example for others to follow, and has a determination that is not matched by anyone.

     The Colts have been lead by Quarterback Peyton Manning for over a decade now and have been one of the most successful franchizes since then. Most people will attribute it to Manning's leadership skills that he brought to the program. He is great leader who makes his entire team better. He brings them up to his level, leaving none behind.

     Michael Jordan may be the best example of this. Winning 6 NBA championships, and not playing with a group of guys who were known for being all stars. But because of Jordan, the level of play was raised as they rallied around him. He was that mediating factor between the Bulls just being ok and achieving greatness, and he did it for his whole entire team, leaving none behind.

     How do we liken this to ourselves personally?  Who is my leader that I rally behind, that I follow his example, and I let him make me better day in and day out? Who do I let be the mediator to take me from being good, to great? Well of course that would have to be Jesus Christ! He is the mediator for all of us! Without him we can only do so much on our own, without him, we will never achieve our goal. Without him, we can never live with our Heavenly Father again.
Its become apparent to me that my only shot is to rally around my Savior, and do all the he asks, and follow his example. Ill leave you with one of my Favorite scriptures that I am dedicating to always apply to my life.

Joshua 24 :15 ".... as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD"

No comments:

Post a Comment